A Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 7: The Right to Birth Registration, Name and Nationality, and the Right to Know and Be Cared for by Parents
- Preliminary Material (i-xii) (74K)
- Introduction (1-2) (50K)
- Comparison with Related International Human Rights Provisions (3-20) (116K)
Scope of Article 7
- Jump to section:
- 1. '[C]hild Shall Be Registered Immediately after Birth'
- 2. '[T]he Right from Birth to a Name'
- 3. '[T]he Right to Acquire a Nationality'
- 4. '[T]he Right to Know and Be Cared for by His or Her Parents'
- 5. '[I]n Accordance with Their National Law . . . And . . . Relevant International Instruments'
- 6. '[I]n Particular Where the Child Would Otherwise Be Stateless'
- Conclusions (31-32) (48K)